Monday, July 9, 2012

{Let's Get Cookin'} Pesto and Cheese Filled Chicken

Love cheese? How about pesto? And what about chicken? Love them all? Well then, this recipe would be perfect for you. Continue reading to see how easy this delicious recipe is!
Before I start, let me say that you do not really need exact measurements for this recipe. I'd like to keep things simple and easy to make.

Ingredients:
  • Chicken breast, deboned
  • Pesto (you can use store bought pesto or make it yourself)
  • Cheese, grated
Steps:
  • Make a pocket in the chicken by slicing it in the middle, but not completely slicing through.

  • Rub the inside of the pocket with the pesto, just enough to coat it. Then, fill it up with your cheese of choice. But it would be better if it was quick-melt cheese or mozzarella! 
  • Also rub the top of your chicken with the pesto and add more cheese.
  • Cook in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese is completely melted! 
See how easy that was! 

Notes:
  • For added flavor or variety, wrap bacon or ham around the chicken and secure with a toothpick. 
  • You can also try frying it. Coat with FEB (flour, egg, breadcrumbs).
  • Eat with mashed potatoes! Instant gourmet dish! Add vegetables on the side. Yum!
So, let me know what you think of this recipe! Try it out and let me know how it goes. ;)

Cheers!>

Pin It Add it to your boards!

8 comments:

  1. Once I got my oven, I'll try to do this one. I'll make my own pesto. The malunggay pesto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Never heard of malunggay pesto! So interesting. I would like to try that for myself. Not to mention, healthy too!

      Delete
    2. I want to try the malunggay pesto, I'm sure it's good! Once I get my blender, I'll surely try it!

      Delete
  2. weee! i was about to try baking chicken for the first time tomorrow for my baon and hubby's too! :-) you gave me an idea to add cheese!!! i just hope there's still some in the ref hehehe im letting the chix sleep with rosemary and garlic and basil and olive oil now... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baking chicken is probably the easiest, in my opinion. :) I am glad my post sparked up the idea of adding cheese! The chicken you are preparing sounds so yummy with all the herbs.

      Delete
  3. Trying this, but I'll definitely go for instant pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love cheese, yes! Love pesto, yes! Looks really yummy and easy, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very easy, indeed! You must try it! If you do, let me know if you liked it!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave any thoughts and comments you might have. I will get back to you as soon as I can. ♥ ♥ ♥

Blog Awards