Before I start, let me say that you do not really need exact measurements for this recipe. I'd like to keep things simple and easy to make.
- Chicken breast, deboned
- Pesto (you can use store bought pesto or make it yourself)
- Cheese, grated
- Make a pocket in the chicken by slicing it in the middle, but not completely slicing through.
- Rub the inside of the pocket with the pesto, just enough to coat it. Then, fill it up with your cheese of choice. But it would be better if it was quick-melt cheese or mozzarella!
- Also rub the top of your chicken with the pesto and add more cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked and cheese is completely melted!
- For added flavor or variety, wrap bacon or ham around the chicken and secure with a toothpick.
- You can also try frying it. Coat with FEB (flour, egg, breadcrumbs).
- Eat with mashed potatoes! Instant gourmet dish! Add vegetables on the side. Yum!
Add it to your boards!