Tuesday, July 3, 2012

{BC Bloggers Meme} Count Your Blessings

Time flies by so fast. Who would've thought this is already the third time I am participating in BC Bloggers' Meme topic of the week.And for this week, Daddy Yoshiro is hosting the meme, so you can head on over to his blog to participate.

This week's topic is 'Count Your Blessings'. For the fair few followers I have on my blog, you might have read on a post before this that a very [un]pleasant surprise came my way yesterday. So, I guess this is the perfect time that I should count on my blessings instead of crying over spilled milk.:) Below is 5 of the things I am thankful for for the past week. It can be as shallow or as deep. I count even the shallowest of blessings. ;)

My part-time job

Despite losing my highest paying job due to certain reasons, I am very much thankful that I still have the part-time job the same employer has left me. My employer has been very good to me and even considered leaving me the secondary job I work for. Although what I earn is only 1/4 of what I used to earn, still, I am thankful that I am not totally jobless. That, I am most thankful for!

Having a great employer

In line with the first item, I am very much blessed to have such a wonderful employer. He's the most considerate of the bunch I have worked with and there is nothing bad I could say about him. If not for him, I would be 100% jobless right now!

Getting through the week while the parents are out for work

It's already a tough job to be a single mom, and an even tougher job taking over the house while my parents go about their work. I have two other brothers who are still dependent and wouldn't lend a helping hand with house chores. But, heck, as they say: "Boys will always be boys". Haha. I do the cooking, washing the dishes, and whatever chores I need to get done.

Enjoying a night with coffee with my parents and my BabyLove

Just last Saturday (if I am not mistaken), we went out to a nearby coffee shop to enjoy a glass of frappe. We headed out to fetch my mama from work and went straight to the coffee shop just a few steps away from the terminal. There, we ordered some frappes and fries for BabyLove. Nothing beats spending time with the family.

Having new friends from the blogging community

Since I joined the Meme topics, I have met wonderful bloggers and visited their blogs to leave comments. I never thought I would enjoy it this much. I love how I receive words of comfort from people who relates to my posts. Definitely, that I am thankful for! Not only do I get comments from the meme topic posts, but I also get comments from my other random rants. So, worth thanking for!

Update: Movie Date with BabyLove

Last Thursday, me and my BabyLove went out for a movie date (and her first time ever to watch a movie at the cinemas). It was kind of impromptu actually. She saw the trailer of Madagascar 3 on TV and was dancing to Marty's song 'Afro Circus' (I LOVE that song. Haha! I have LSS with that song!). And so, the very next day, we went out to watch it. :D I also purchased an e-Plus card as well, so that watching movies with her won't be a hassle anymore. :D

That is my very simple list. I do hope you enjoyed. Looking forward to reading the other meme posts. Can't wait!

Cheers!>
Pin It Add it to your boards!

22 comments:

  1. Oh yes, thank God for online jobs, family and friends. Don't worry, I'm sure you can find another online job to supplement your income.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chin Chin. yes, I believe so, too. It just needs some hard work. :)

      Delete
  2. Im also thankful for our blogging community. We gained friends and we are able to share our experiences and laments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true!

      Thank you for dropping by my post as well. :D

      Delete
  3. You are absolutely right. It's great to be part of this blogging community. So many interesting people and a lot of them are actually very nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I never knew that I'd meet really nice people online. :) So, yes, gotta be thankful for that! :)

      Thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Yhey... Like you we are blessed with wonderful families and a cute baby heheheh. And we are blessed with our BC blog community. I don't go out much anymore like I used too when Ii was single Thanks to BC blog I still get the chance to meet other people and be inspired.

    Following you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lalah! :)

      Same here, I rarely go out anymore, so blogging gives me the chance to socialize. :)

      Delete
  5. That's nice of you to have put it all together despite your decreasing income. At least, you have something to get busy with and be responsible for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Itin, it is hard work. But I am so glad I get by. I am still really hopeful that I get a job soon again. :)

      Delete
  6. i wasn't able to join this week's meme...sad!
    great blessings! and the most important i think is having a wonderful and supportive family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. No matter what, your family will never turn their backs on you.:)

      Delete
  7. your positive response to seemingly disaappointing situation is inspiring:) being grateful to whatever comes your way makes you an attractive person..I'm blessed with this post:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Genefaith,

      I feel so touched that I was able to inspire at least one person with this post. I feel happy when I get to inspire others in my own very little way. :) You gave me butterflies in my stomach with your comment. :) thanks for stopping by and leaving such a touching comment.

      Delete
  8. Single or not, you can surpass anything because you are grateful to life even in a few disappointing circumstances. You know I do :)
    Keep the positive harmony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Thank you! I always face life with a smile and positively. :)

      Delete
  9. i have known several single moms through our blogging community and I find them brave enough to face the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I guess being single has made us braver and stronger. :) Not to mention the support we get from blogging friends.

      Delete
  10. I envy you because you can actually earn online. I do hope I can too but I guess I don't have the skill and time..I have my day job to concentrate..:) goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you January! :) It's a bit tough as well and takes a lot of patience. But, could be rewarding in the end. :)

      Thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete
  11. the little one wants to watch the Amazing Spiderman 3D, I hope we can watch it this week :) visiting from BC Blogger meme mine is up at http://www.pinaysinglemomsnook.info/bc-bloggers-meme-count-your-blessings/ see you around...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go go! Everyone deserves a day out. :) I am sure you and your little one will have a wonderful bonding moment. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave any thoughts and comments you might have. I will get back to you as soon as I can. ♥ ♥ ♥

Blog Awards