I just wanted to share what I prepared for lunch today. As the title suggests, I made an omelette which I filled with tomato, bacon and cheese! I also love to have this for breakfast! Yum!
I wasn't actually planning to post a recipe today. But, heck, why not? Besides, it is soooo easy to do!
- 2 eggs (if the eggs are too small, you can use 3)
- 2-3 tablespoon-full of cooked bacon (not cooked to crispiness though)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced (3 tomatoes if they are too small)
- Grated Cheese (you could use cheddar or any choice of cheese you want, but quickmelt cheese works best)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute onions in a pan with a little bit of oil. Cook until semi translucent.
- Add in tomatoes. Cook until softened, but not too soft that the skin starts to separate from the tomatoes. We do not want that. :)
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Beat eggs and add a little bit of salt.
- In a non-stick pan (I believe that the size we have is 6". Although I am not sure. But what I use is a small non-stick/teflon pan that is perfect for omelettes! But any size would work) and add eggs.
- Tilt the pan from side to side to coat the pan with the eggs and cook until the eggs seems dried up on top. (I hope this is understandable, haha!)
- When the top has dried, make sure to lower the heat to the lowest setting so that you don't cook the eggs to fast, as we will be placing the ingredients on top with the flame still on.
- Start to layer the tomatoes on one half of the egg, followed by the bacon, then grated cheese.
- Fold the omelette in half to cover the filling.
- Transfer to a plate. (It is best to slide it off the pan onto the plate).
I hope you give this a try!
Have a hearty lunch, everyone!
Add it to your boards!