Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Season of Giving

I can't believe how fast time goes by! Can you believe it's nearly the start of the "-ber" months! Yikes! I bet some of the godmothers (ninangs) and godfathers (ninongs) are trying to hide again *guilty, ehem*. LoL!

Kidding aside...

This year means we get to help the less fortunate again! Yay! Last year, me and my mom have started which was just our first of helping the needy during the holidays. And, we have promised that from that day on, we would again do it on the years to come!

I have always been fond of helping people even as a child. I would always be excited when I was a kid when we would visit orphanages and hand them gifts and share a meal with them. At an early age, I knew how good it felt to help those in need and see them smile.

Last year, my mom took part in their company's charity work, and I got to watch. But, even before that, we already had our own little "charity work" planned. Me and my mom decided we'd choose 10 deserving families who can't afford to have Noche Buena during the holidays, and we gave them a not-so-small box full of Noche Buena goods. It wasn't much, but we knew they would be so happy that they had food to celebrate Christmas Eve.

So, I am thinking over on what I could do to raise funds. We plan on having a feeding program or Christmas Party for the children at our area, depending on our budget. :) Here are the ideas I have in mind:

  • Sell handmade cards (probably Christmas card packs that people could give out to families and friends), and part of the proceeds go to our charity fund. I am still skeptical with this, as I am not sure if it will even be a "boom", but, it's still in my list of choices. :D
  • Sell homemade goods. My mom said I make really good kimchi *ehem, proud*. Haha! So, she suggested I make Kimchi to sell to her co-workers on Christmas. If not, probably sweets or pastries. I'll have to see, but this option sure is on top of my list. 
  • Get help from willing sponsors. Well, as early as last year, we already had a couple volunteering to sponsor for our next event when they saw our project. :)
What do you think should I go for? Well, I may choose just one or do a combo of 2 or all of my choices. Depending on how much we could put up, we will either do a feeding program, or if we are lucky and get sponsors and donors enough to throw a party and give out treats to the kids, then we go with that. I have a couple of clothes waiting to be given away, so, I can't hardly wait!

Either way, I know it does not matter how big or small, because all I yearn for is to see the kids smile and forget their problems for just one day. :)


Cheers!


P.S. Interested to help? Don't hesitate to contact me through my email: marielle720faye@gmail.com for details. :) As I said, it does not matter how big or small the help is. It will be greatly appreciated! ;) Pin It Add it to your boards!

30 comments:

  1. It really doesn't matter whether the gift is big or small.
    I may not be one of your beneficiaries but I would say thank you for having a good heart for these needy people. Keep it up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! :) continue to be a blessing to others! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Louise! :D I sure will. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow oo nga ber months na. I'm thinking of sharing something on Christmas din. Pero grabe kayo noche buena talaga?! Nice. I hope you get to help a lot of families.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Ang bilis noh, sis?! Selected lang namann yung mga families na pinagbigyan namin sis. Di naman namin afford kung marami.. Tsaka, sakto lang panghanda nila.. :) Thank you for the support sis. :D

      Delete
  4. Materials things are needed but it is greatly appreciated when ones heart is the one extending it and reaching out to others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice giving back or helping others is really nice after all of the blessings you've received. Cheers! I'm planning of doing the same too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the very reason why we help others.. In return of the blessings I get like a job I still have, why not lend a hand to others, right? :)

      Delete
  6. what we always do is do a garage sale. earnings will be used to buy gifts and food for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, that's a great idea! Thank you for sharing. I sure will try and see if we can do a garage sale. :D

      Delete
  7. May God bless your kind heart :) Not all would be willing to share their hard-earned money to less fortunate :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Time flies so fast talaga. Few more days and BER months na. Whatever you choose, the most important is your helping people. God bless you more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2 years in a row in my own little way I tried to share my blessings, not much but it comes from the bottom of my heart. I'm done with loot bags and sort of feeding program. Am still thinking what to do this year. My target recipients are the small kids in our barangay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is a really good idea. That's what we did for our first gift giving project. :D

      Delete
  10. Wow, kahit ano siguro, anything that works, you just do it for this noble cause. Blessings will be returned 10-folds or more. :-) Keep on doing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Aileen! :D Though I don't wish for anything in return. Just to see the happy faces is more than enough. :D

      Delete
  11. It's a good time to share our blessings. Thank you for these ideas. Sometimes we really want to help but logistics get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Jellybelly! Thank you so much for dropping by.

      Delete
  12. I would do both that you have mentioned. It will certainly be able to bring in more donations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think so, too! :D Thank you so much Dominique. :D

      Delete
  13. i want to do something like this during christmas too... but my work peaks in december so i can barely breath.... go for the kimchi!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! That's too bad. Well, it does not have to be Christmas. ;) Helping does not require a certain day or season. I am sure you are bound to do it sooner or later. ;)

      Yes, I sure am putting Kimchi selling as my number 1 option.

      Delete
  14. It's nice that you give effort and time to those people. I salute your passion for helping people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Go for Kimchi, and if it's possible you can deliver a few containers to Cebu and I'd be more than willing to try it and review it on my blog. Never had kimchi my whole life. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Itin!

      Awww. Thanks. I will try to find out and see if I can send out goods to Cebu. Because, from what I know, I can't ship out food? Well, I really am not sure. But, will let you know. :D

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you. Please leave any thoughts and comments you might have. I will get back to you as soon as I can. ♥ ♥ ♥

Blog Awards