The award I am to receive is called the "Liebster Award". And, I was nominated by Sarah on her blog, Not On My Own Anymore. Liebster, according to Mr. Google, is a German word which means:
... sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Who can earn the "Liebster Award"? Well, those qualified for the award are those blogs who have less than 200 followers. And, also, my way of thanking the bloggers I will be tagging for being so friendly to me! Now, that was why I was surprised. Never in my wildest thoughts did I expect to receive any award, especially having so little followers. But, this award just proves that anyone can really earn an award, no matter how many or how little their followers are.
Before I could receive the award (and also for those who I will be tagging later on through my post), there are rules that should be followed:
Pretty easy, right?
Without further ado, I will now start with 11 things about myself.
- I am a caffeine addict. Haha! I love coffee in any form - hot, cold, iced, frappes, ice cream, you name it!
- I used to dance, and I still love dancing, and I hope that I get back to dancing. Hearing a beat makes me dance, instantly! Hahaha!
- When I am home alone with my BabyLove, and I cook or do my hair or do my nails, I talk as if I am I am on a talk show! Hahaha *embarassed*
- I am really close to my mom. She is my bestest friend! Hahaha! We love going out for a coffee date together, or just strolling around to de-stress!
- Reading is one of my favorite things to do! When I have nothing to do, reading gets me by the boredom!
- I used to roller blade, and I still hope I could get back to it as soon as my BabyLove is old enough. :D Maybe we could do it together, then. :D
- I love blogging (isn't it obvious? Haha!)
- I am a very shallow person. I tear up when I laugh, and I find really shallow things funny. Just the thought of myself tearing up makes me smile. LoL
- I am a proud single mom, working at home, and taking care of my BabyLove at the same time. I don't like the idea of having someone else watch over my little one while she is young. I don't want to come home one day and have to see my BabyLove choose the yaya over me.. Yikes!
- For some reason, I love cartoon/comic characters who are lazy, such as Garfield and Snoopy. Hahaha! Me and Garfield have the something in common though, we both love Lasagna!
- I love to multi-task! I could not settle doing just one thing. I could craft and do some projects on one hand, and chat and talk to friends on another, and do something else here or there. Haha!
- What do you love most about blogging ? Sharing my little thoughts and ideas with bloggers. Having others relate to my post, and knowing that even if bloggers are complete strangers in the real world, they are there to cheer up for you and keep pushing you, just like real friends and family do. Yes? :D
- What was the first song or tune that you sang? Honestly, I do not remember. Haha! But, it must have been nursery rhymes. I remember listening to my cassette tapes of nursery rhymes back then. :P
- What was the first gift that you have ever received? Hmmm. I am most certainly not sure as well! Hahaha! I guess some clothes from relatives? Hahaha!
- What is one historical story in your family that you are most proud of? My Lolo was (if I am not mistaken) a guerilla during the "World War" days. My dad used to tell me stories about my Lolo (his dad), when one day the Japanese raided his home, accusing him of being a guerilla, because someone reported he was. Although he really was, he denied the fact and even urged them to search the house, in which my lola was worried. But, they decided not to search, believing my Lolo wasn't a guerilla. The reason my lola was worried was because she cleaned my Lolo's gun and did not put it back in its hiding place. Haha! It sure was a close one for them.
Also, in history books, there was this man or boy who was said to wrap the Philippine flag around his body and jumped into the Pasig river to save it. My dad is not sure what book exactly, but he said it was my Lolo. So, that makes me proud!
- When did you first learn to go home on your own? I remember that the first time I really went home by myself was when I was already in Grade 5. Haha! That is because from Kindergarten to Grade 4, I was either taken to and from school by service or my parents taking me. By Grade 5, after transferring to a public school, I had to go home on my own. xD
- When did you first learn to live on your own? I have never lived on my own yet, but I soon am! :D Although it's not really away from my own home, I am having my own home-y space that we are having built
- Who is your favorite author and why? J.K Rowling, because I love the Harry Potter Books! Hahaha
- What is (are) your favorite movie(s) that touched on history or based on real life events ? I am trying hard to think of a movie, but nothing seems to pop into my head. I know there is one or two, but I am never good with impromptu questions. Haha. I will get back to this question when I finally remember the movie.
- What do you do when you experience writer's block? I stare blankly into my screen for a couple of minutes. Haha! Then, I try to look into some of my interests, and come up with a post.
- What book or story that you will never get tired of reading? Harry Potter!!! Hahahaha!
- What difficult decision had you done in your life that was worth it? Whether or not to work away from home. But, I decided to work at home, even without the support of a husband like every other parent has, even with a salary that just gets me and my BabyLove by. But, it sure is all worth it. Besides, there is a right time for everything. :)
- What are your hobbies/interests?
- What is your favorite food/cuisine?
- What movies do you watch over and over and OVER again, and you never get tired of it?
- How do you feel receiving an award like this? (I sure felt proud and giddy inside! :D)
- Hot choco or hot coffee?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What is your "special" talent? Does not matter if it is extraordinary! :D
- What is your favorite book/novel to read?
- What is your favorite place to hangout with family or friends?
- What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- And lastly, what is your favorite color?
So, what are you guys waiting for? Go ahead and receive this award by following the rules, and display the award proudly on your blog! (I am going to right now!!! Weeee! Hahaha!)
Add it to your boards!